quesHow to get my wife back as she is staying with her mother right now?

My wife left me within 1 year of marriage. For the past 5 months she is staying with her mother. I wish to get her back, how can i do that? What if she files false cases in revenge?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Assuming you are Hindus,
      you can file a petition of restitution of conjugal rights in the concerned district court.

      Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:
      Section 9. 
      Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.

      If she files false cases against you, you have to contest the same on merits.

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I have a notarized divorce agreement from my ex husband stating that he would not…
    My husband want to give divorce after one month of marriage due to following reasons.…
    i am married since 1 july2013. i have 8 month daughter. my wife fights with…
    My friend is getting married. The girl he is getting married already did court marriage…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>