quesHow to get divorce from cheating husband and custody of children?

I am a 37 years old house wife. I am going through a lot of stress in my marriage. I have two children aged 5 years and 10 years from my marriage. I am having a very stressful relationship with my husband due to his relationships outside the marriage.


I want to get separated from him and keep the children with me, but I don't have any income to raise them.


Please advise me how should I proceed.


  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      You can seek divorce from your husband on either of the grounds as mentioned in section 13 (1) (i),(ia)(ib) of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955:


      1. Had the sexual intercourse with any other person
      2. Cruelty
      3. Desertion


      During the pendancy of the petition you can move an application for interim maintenance and the Hon'ble Court will direct your husband to pay the maintenance for your self, your children and the litigation expenses, wherein after the Divorce you will be entitled to permanent alimony depending upon the financial status of the your husband and  the type of standard of living your are accustomed to.


      Your husband shall also be directed to give maintenance of your two children till they attain majority even after the Divorce.


      Moreover you can always retain the custody for the two children but  if the the court so directs on the principal and your husband contests the same also on the intention of the elder child,  you are likely to loose the custody of the elder child but if your able to prove that your husband is living in adultery your can have the custody of both the children.


    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Hi. My husband has been unable to hold a steady job and provide me financial…

    My Ex-husband who left me after marriage for another woman and was staying in USA…
    wife and her family threatening husband and his family members of filing false 498a and…
    legal question Whether marraige solemnized in india under hindu marraige act and registered under indian…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly