How long can a divorce case be pending in court

If my divorce case is pending for more than a year & if my wife refuse to give me divorce then what will be the solution? How long can a divorce case be pending at court?

Answers (1)

230 votes
If your wife refuses to give you divorce by mutual consent then in such a the case will proceed on merits. Your wife has to file her written statement and then the issues will be framed by court. Then you have to lead evidence in support of your case. Then you will be cross examined by your wife's advocate. After you close your case your wife may lead evidence. then Cross examaination by your advocate will happen. Case will be placed on baord for arguments and finally the judgement will be awarded. it may take anywhere between 1 to 5 years on a average for the case to be concluded.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles