queshow is alimony calculated

How do we calculate alimony? Wife filed for divorce on ground of physical and mental cruelty. I stayed with her for 4 months. My age is 33 and her age 30. We have no child. divorce case was filed on 8th month that is after 6 month of marriage on ground of cruelty and desertion. She filed numbers on false cases after 10 months from the date filing of divorce. I am a govt servant. If divorce granted in my favour what are things taken to be in consideration for deciding alimony?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYou cannot file for divorce until expiry of one year of your marriage except in exceptional circumstances. It is better you convert the existing petition of divorce into petition for divorce by mutual consent.

      It's advisable to file divorce case with mutual consent but in the case of cruelty case can proceed. Whereas, maintenance depends on amounts in proportion to husband's income and status while wives if employed and according to her status may get less maintenance or if capable even very less amount of maintenance.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Hi. I am 44 yrs old man. mYI had filed RCR in Sep 2012 in…

    Can a husband files divorce to his wife on the ground that she is crminal.…
    I had marriage in Arya samaj mandir before 1 yr and 4 months but we…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly