Girl asking money to give divorce, how can alimony be avoided?

I was married to a girl in 2013.We don't have any children. Her character is not so bad but she is always arguing with me to live separately. Her art of talk with my parents was disgusting. She has no manners of talking with my parents, other family members. Now I want divorce. I will never accept this woman as wife. Elders of both families arranged a meeting. Atlast a decision was taken that divorce is the last option and from her side, they demanded a money of Rs 5 lack but we are not in a position to pay this amount. Now I want divorce through court. Please tell me the best way out.

Answers (1)

341 votes

The Court determines the amount of spousal support by considering the income and lifestyle of each spouse. Therefore, if your spouse is living better than you are or is making more money, you will most likely not have to pay. The amount you will have to pay also depends on how long you were married. Short-term marriages often don't end with an order for alimony. If you are in an unhappy marriage and don't see any hope for resolution, separate and file for divorce. For many of the ways to evade spousal support, you will need to lower your income, quality of life, etc. so much that it would make better sense and make you happier, to live as you want and just pay out to your ex-spouse.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles