Filing for mutual divorce. What are my rights?

I am filing for mutual divorce. I have been married for 14 years. My monthly income is 32 thousand and whereas my husbands monthly take home is around 5 lacs per month. I want to know my rights if we are going for separation?

If you intend to take divorce by mutual consent then the parties have to mutually decide the terms of divorce.

In the mutual terms, you can take alimony from your husband and ask your husband to return your stridhan i.e gifts given by your parents or relatives during marriage.

You are eligible for your children if they want to be with you for their maintenance as well.