Filing for divorce what is the procedure

In Divorce Law
Hi, I got married about 5 years back in Goa. Like the typical practice in Goa, we first registered our marriage with the civil registrar and then went for a traditional Hindu wedding (we both are Hindu). I am living in Andheri, Bombay over the past few years and have serious issues with my wife (mental harassment, abuse, bad temper, not allowing me to keep any contact with my family / relatives including mother and father, etc). I wanted to know if I can file for divorce? If yes, should I file it in Goa or Bombay? Since the civil law applicable in Goa is different from the rest of the country, it would be good to have views from lawyers in Goa or lawyers who are familiar with civil law in Goa. Thanks.

I note that u are presently residing/ domiciled in Andheri then it would be advisable to file for divorce under the Hindu marriage act in the family court at andheri itself. I have experienced a ccase which was filed by a hindu husband against his wife both were staying in Mumbai but case was filed in Goa, and the court in Goa after a huge delay of two years dismissed the case as it had no jurisdictions since the disputes in the marriage took place in Mumbai region. Keeping in mind the above I therefore would not advise u to file in Goa