Father is spending daughters money after her divorce what to do

my father got my sis divorced 10 Yrs back.and didnt take allomeny from other side.then took all her FDs and forced her to sign and spend all her money.now he is mentelly and phigically harressing her and telling her to leave the house.plz advice as he is 70 so i cant do anything.plz advice.

Answers (1)

190 votes

A few questions need to be addressed first. Who is the owner of the house?

If it is your father then there is little your sister can do except move out. If it is your sisters house then it might be possible to have him live separately though considering his advanced age it would be difficult as the law required parents to be maintained by their adult children.

Your sister should approach the CAW Cell in her area by writing to them or by going there in person.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles