×

quesFake Court Marriage

During graduation, a friend of mine came in contact with a boy who had disguised his original identity and proposed her for a relation who accepted her proposal. A few days back the boy forced her to sign on a legal paper (which was a marriage paper) without explaining what the paper was. To prove that she loved that boy she had to sign on that paper. He also tactfully collected other required documents for court marriage from her and subsequently without physical presence of her in the court he managed to get married to her. A few days back his original identity came in front of her and she refused him. She is now not able to go for marriage fearing that guy. What to do? Whether that marriage is a legal marriage???

• ansIf the girl does not agree to the marriage and said that this marriage is fake then she can file for cancellation of marriage petition / declaration suit under section 12 of Hindu Marriage Act. If the marriage was registered under the special marriage act, then file a suit for declaration to declare the marriage null and void.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services