×

quesFacing mental torture. What all rights does a girl have?

My niece was married in West Bengal in January 2013. She then she has been facing mental torture. I want to know what all rights does she have and what action can she take?

Your niece if wants to reside separately from his husband she may file application under Domestic Violence Act for her protection, separate arrangement for her residence, maintenance and compensation for mental torture.

If the matter relates to dowry related problem then she may file case under Section 498A/406/120B of Indian Penal Code against the husband and in laws.

If she wants divorce then it is advisable to try for a divorce by mutual consent. 

• ansYour niece if wants to reside separately from his husband she may file application under Domestic Violence Act for her protection, separate arrangement for her residence, maintenance and compensation for mental torture. If the matter relates to dowry related problem then she may file case under Section 498A/406/120B of Indian Penal Code against the husband and in laws. If she wants divorce then it is advisable to try for a divorce by mutual consent.

Advocate Kausik De

Government Place(North), Kolkata

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services