Don't have proper certificate of marriage registry. How to divorce?

Hello, My registry marriege is done in 1998 by didn't got a proper certificate..Just got a copy of I want Divorce From My Husband due To His Disgusting behaviour with me no my teen age daughter.Me N My daughter is suffering from mental stress. He is an alcoholic. Slang, Fights,that all he has for us.plzzz help now I can't take it any more so decided to move out of this marriage. M not financially independent so worried abt my daughter's Future.As she too don't wanna stay with her father.I don't have any one.... except my daughter.plzzz hel.

Answers (1)

246 votes

The first thing you need to do is approach the Crimes Against Women Cell in your area to register a FIR and file for a protection order with the Domestic Violence Court at the same time. The Domestic Violence Court will not only prohibit your husband from interacting with you or your daughter but will also make your husband pay a rental allowance to you for alternate accommodation.

Thereafter, you should file applications for maintenance under Section 125 CrPC claiming maintainance on behalf of both you and your daughter.

After obtaining all the above reliefs, you should file for a divorce. Also move an application for interim maintainance pending the divorce proceedings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles