×

quesDomestic Violence & Dowry Demands by in laws

I filed a complaint against my husband in the CAW cell. Ours was a love marriage. My husband physically abuses me on small issues and my mother in law demands for dowry. He even aborted my child.

Now i want to know that what are the charges will apply on him & what kind of ligal procedure i have to take?

• ansFile a case under the Domestic Violence Act before the magistrate. You can seek the right to stay in your matrimonial home or you may also seek an alternative accommodation.

Ask for a protection order from the court against your husband and your in laws and seek maintenance from your husband at the same time. File a complaint with the local police station under section 498A for dowry and harassment.