quesDomestic violence and dowry demand

My query is for my sister. She is been continuously getting physically & mentally harassed by her husband (A government employee) from day one of their marriage which took place in 2010. He has been beating and torturing her every day for dowry and other petty issues since marriage however she was simply trying to adjust and save her marriage till date. He continuously threatens her by saying that he will kill her one day. Moreover, he also mentally harasses & threatens my mother (A single mother & a government employee) on phone by abusing and demanding dowry. He says that we did not give him anything during the wedding, though we did more than our stature. He also mentally harasses her by saying that she should not complaint against him or else she will have to bear extreme consequences. He tortures her by saying that if she complaints then he himself will commit suicide and blame her and her family for this. Please suggest something in this regard as it is only me and my mother in the family and we are in complete fear and mental pressure

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansyour sister should gather courage and go to local police station . file complaint of dowry harassment against her husband under section 498A of IPC . in addition next time when her husband beats her mercilessly she should go to nearest govt hospital for treatment . obtain medical certificate of nature of injuries . she should also file complaint of DV against her husband under section 12 of Dv act she should seek maintenance , right to stay in shared household , compensation for torture she has undergone and also maintenance . she should also seek protection order against her husband . contact local lawyer in Delhi . please note that more your sister succumbs to her husband torture the more aggressive and violent her husband will be . he would be encouraged to continue to torture her as she does not protest

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Can I leave the country with pending DV, divorce and 498a cases filed by my…
    I hv filed domestic violence n 498a case. My husband convinced me to go for…
    My sister's husband is physically abusive. He beats her. She also have a 2 year…
    My wife left me without informing with a anothor guy and not wiling to return…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>