domestic violence

Sir A person got marriage in 1980 & born a girl from this wedlock. This man got fraudently divorce on mutual consent with the statement from wife that her daughter will live with her & no right to daughter on her father’s property & also not disclosed to first wife about the Divorce. Then got marriage with another woman & change the name of another wife in Govt. Job record. Ultimately first wife got divorce with full & final settlement in 2006. Put the first daughters name to second daughters names ( Same name to second marriage daughters name, but date of birth is different ) & changed the name in Govt. Job record. Also this father pushed out both first wife & daughter out of home before the divorce & never care about the daughter. Now this daughter came to know about the fraudently divorce, waive off her right & change her name to step –sisters name . In the other words – misused her right & emotionally as well as financially harrash her. Can this daughter file petition in court under Domestic violence, Act 2005

Answers (1)

114 votes
The daughter can file the petition under Domestic Violence Act, but she will not reach far in her legal pursuit unless the judgment obtained in a fraudulent manner by her father is set aside by the court on her appeal. The judgment might have been obtained fraudulently, but it is a judgment which to date holds its ground. Moreover, the judgment was passed on account of a settlement whereby and whereunder the daughter had waived her rights against her father. So unless this judgment is set aside on an appeal by the daughter the case under DV act will not fetch her anything.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles