Divorce without valid legal grounds

I and my wife are hindus and our marriage is registered eight years back under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. My wife deserted me five years back and has now filed for a divorce citing mental harassment. After receiving the divorce notice, I have filed for restitution of conjugal rights. Both cases are clubbed and heard together by the same judge. I have denied all her allegations and have challenged her lawyer to provide evidence of mental harassment in court. I keep proclaiming in court that I love my wife and have no allegations against her. How will my wife prove mental harassment?

Answers (1)

473 votes

1) Mental harassment can consist of a number of things and include denying her marital bliss and the fact that even though she was away from your house you did not make any attempt to bring her back. This itself is the act of cruelty.

2) The Restitution Of Conjugal Right petition would be treated as a reaction to the Petition for Divorce and is unlikely to bear the desired result and as the petitions are clubbed it would help the wife in her case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles