divorce without consent of wife -muslim law

I am a muslim girl. My husband sent a talaq letter (divorce letter). I don't accept this divorce. But as per muslim law I cant stop my husband from giving talaq to me. Is there any other way so that I can stop this divorce ?? I am not willing to give divorce.

Answers (1)

226 votes
It can be challenged on the ground that the procedure laid down in muslim law as to the presence of witnesses has not been complied with.

You can even challenge this divorce on the ground of absence of witnesses at the time of the divorce, and even as per the new law framed by the supreme court he is liable to maintenance even after the divorce.

Learn what is triple talaq, rules related to this divorce under Islam and its validity in India at LawRato.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles