Divorce laws for a housewife

Iam married fr the last 20yrs to a person who drinks daily evening, physically and verbally assults me. Mentally assults my daughter of 19yrs, blackmails her that if she doesnt support him he wont bear her expenses as my daughter supports me when she finds him unresonable. He is 51 and i am 40. I intend to divorce him as i cant take it anymore. Mine was a love marriage so my parents were not supportive and i cudnt share my ordeal to them. His family is also very bad...his sister's son molested my daughter when she was 12 yrs old but nobody stood up, when i confronted my husband hit me. Help me

Answers (1)

380 votes

As per your query, since there is lot of physical violence you can file a complaint in women cell and file for divorce on the ground of cruelty and also file for maintenance from your husband for you and your daughter as he is liable to pay the maintenance, we will advise you to get in touch with any of the LawRato lawyer for proper assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles