×

quesDivorce from husband having illicit relationship

My husband is in an illicit relationship and when i tell him to refrain from such acts he verbally abuses me, threatens to kill me. I had filed a complaint with the women cell but now i wish to file a new complaint under DV act. Do I need to take back my first complaint? Am i liable to file a new complaint under the same act as an individual?

• ansYou need not withdraw your complaint filed before the CAW cell for filing your complaint under DV Act. You can file a petition u/s156(3) of Cr.P.C. before the Magistrate praying for direction upon the police to register a FIR based on your complaint and investigate and act based on that.

Complaint under the DV Act has to be filed with a metropolitan magistrate. Complaints filed by you with women cell are separate complaints and have no relation with DV complaint to be filed.