Divorce from a guy who lives in Srilanka. How can we proceed on this?

My cousin had been married in India as per Indian Laws but lives in Srilanka - colombo for 15 years and has 2 daughters. Now she would like to get divorced from her husband as she doesnt want to live with him as he humiliates her till day of marriage for money. She has given everything she had offerred during her marriage. (Gold and cash). Now because of fear of her life, she wants to come back to India and live with her mother for the rest of her life. Please give us advice how to proceed this case. Thanks a lot. Manian.

Answers (2)

445 votes

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

294 votes

I have already given my suggestions to the same query a day before and also have asked certain details for further suggestions on the subject.
However, please furnish the following details so that I shall be able to advise you the proper solution:
1) When and where did the marriage take place?
2) Whether the marriage took place as per Hindu law or Hindu customs?
3) If both are Hindus, whether she will be able to come back to India and file a divorce suit in India?
4) All other relevant details about her husband including his financial status and economic background.
Please revert with the above details to enable me to suggest you further steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles