Divorce done but stridhan not given and cheated by husband and family

During the marriage proposal we were told that he used to work but after marriage we got to know that he is not working for almost 2 years now. I have been married February 2013. We got the divorce now but no stridhan given back. What action can i take? Can i also complaint about them to the police?

You can file a case for getting your streedhan back. I also wanted to know by which medium you got divorce , whether it was granted by way of divorce petition or by way of mutual settlement . This is I am asking because a lot will depend on the ground on which you got divorce.