Divorce done but stridhan not given and cheated by husband and family

During the marriage proposal we were told that he used to work but after marriage we got to know that he is not working for almost 2 years now. I have been married February 2013. We got the divorce now but no stridhan given back. What action can i take? Can i also complaint about them to the police?

Answers (1)

216 votes

You can file a case for getting your streedhan back. I also wanted to know by which medium you got divorce , whether it was granted by way of divorce petition or by way of mutual settlement . This is I am asking because a lot will depend on the ground on which you got divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles