Divorce case filed before the 498A filed on us. What consequences?

Hi, My younger brother's wife family had filed FIR against me and my brother with section 498a and section 3,4 DP act on 31 Mar 2015. the women's police station has filed FIR against us. On Aug 15th we got notice from women's police station asking to meet the subinspector at their police station. But we had filed divorce case in family court last year Oct 2014. Now question is that 1.Whether women's police station can file FIR without enquiring the details ? 2. Since the divorce case is filed 5months prior to this case, what consequences will be on us when we meet the women's police station

Answers (1)

172 votes

Yes, Women police station can file an FIR. Pending divorce case is not a ground for the police to not to entertain a complaint as it is the primary duty of the police. When you meet the police they might try to settle the disputes in front of both the parties. If it fails they they will forward the records to the Jurisdictional Magistrate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles