quesDivorce as consideration in sale deed.

My spouse had filed a complaint against me in CAW Cell. Matter was settled in Mediation Center wide a MoU. First Motion has already been filed for. Now, as per MoU, i have to transfer my 50% share in a joint property in her name through Gift Deed / Sale Deed / Release Deed or any other document. My preference is a Sale Deed, but,

I have some queries:- a. Can "Divorce by Mutual Consent" be mentioned as a consideration in Sale Deed? b. Can the Sale Deed be made conditional vwde some recitals? i.e. Sale of 50% share would become valid only after Divorce Decree is granted by the Family Court. c. Can I restrict the other party from delineating with the property in any manner whatsoever till the Divorce Decree is granted? i.e. no further sale / gift etc. be allowed till Divorce. d. Also, can there be any other consideration except "Love & Affection" in a Gift Deed?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansA divorce cannot be termed as consideration for a sale deed, It cannot be a sale deed at all. It could be a Gift Deed or Settlement Deed, You can execute a conditional gift deed where MCD will be the condition for the Gift & she will own the property only after your receiving the decree of divorce. There can be no consideration show for gift deed. Only love & affection should be the reason/base for affecting the gift.

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Me and my wife are 44 years old. For both of us it is second…

    My wife is a central Govt employee who is leading an adulterous life with her…
    Hindu :Divorce from husband living aborad.Hi my husband is not giving me my expenses and…
    i have filed divorce under section 13b. but now i want turn back.can i filed…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly