×

quesContesting divorce. Wife sent mutual divorce papers. What to do?

My wife & I have been married for 3 yrs wdout children. She is working in Abu Dhabi U.A.E. I was working in Dubai last year but had to resign & come back to India due to some unavoidable circumstances.I am unemployed now & we are forced to live separately for a year as her employment contract & UAE Law does not permit us to stay together in U.A.E. This has strained our relations to such extent that she has sent me a legal notice for divorce on mutual grounds. I feel like taken for granted & being forced into divorce. How should I tackle this legally & is there anything like one sided divorce

• anssir, you must first reply the legal notice through an advocate. if you are not ready for divorce then you by filing petitionfor Restitution of Conjugal Rights before family court, ask your wife to co habit with you. as you are aware in our country law is in favour of women, so to be on safer side kindly forward the copy of reply notice to women cell, commisioner of police, and your concerned police station. there is no "one sided divorce " but if you dont appear or refuse to fight then then yes there can be Ex -parte orders may be pass against you. so immedietly cosult with your advocate and face the battel.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansSir,
      Firstly you have not disclosed on what ground wife is asking divorce . As far as taking action on your part is You can issue a reply notice through Advocate and ask for restitution. Also issue mails to come back n stay n start new life in India. Further you have not disclosed how your marriage has been conducted as per Indian law or Else.
      Regards

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune