Can whatsapp and facebook messages be used as evidence?

I am mother of 2 kids.and i have filed domestic violence case against my husband .. He was absent for 5 hearings..court has made ex party order for us. Last date he appered in front of court. the procedure is going on and 2days back i came to know that he has filed case against me under section 9in his native place. He says he have whats app and face book msges to show my character is bad.Which r fake. Pls advice me...one of lawyer says social media evidences are not going to entertained.is this so? I have eye witness to prove him guilty in domestic violence case. Pls advice me

As per you query you have a strong side to take your absent behind the bars. Since you can prove your case by the eye witness to prove him guilty likewise you can also have to prove about the fake evidence filed by your husband i.e. by Whatsapp or FB messages which he is claiming.

saying bad character without any sufficent reason it amounts to become domastic voilence- verbal abuse,emotion And mental voilence.
about whatsup massages & facebook massages you dont take tention if he plead- write in his petion he should prove those allegation and its not easy to admit as an evidence.
you must file affidavit regarding verbal abuse on next date through your concern advocate.

Your husband has filed a petition under Section 9 means he wants to save the marriage...Then if he has messages which shows you have a bad character then the question is why does he wants to save the marriage? Social media evidences are admissible in Court provided he submits his mobile phone in Court by which he can prove that the WhatsApp messages are genuine. Please provide enough evidence in your domestic violence case to prove that he has caused domestic violence. Best of luck.