quescan we somehow stop paying monthly maintenance awarded in DV case

The girl was taken back by her parents within 21 days from our home. Th case is going on in Karkardooma Court and we are paying monthly maintenance of Rs.4500 since 3.5 years.

Can we somehow go to the higher court to stop paying this monthly maintenance as we were never wrong here and have been paying regularly since then.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      First of all, what case is pending in the karkardooma court? 
      Are you paying maintenance under a order of the court?

      If the court has ordered to pay a monthly remuneration of Rs. 4500/- then we would advice you to continue paying. If you stop paying her then it would amount to contempt of court.
      You can appeal against the maintenance order of the court. 

      The maintenance can only be stopped if your wife remarries after getting the divorce decree from the court.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    In February, me and my husband (both Hindu) mutually decided to file for divorce. However,…
    I filed domestic violence and maintenance case in indore district Court on my husband and…
    It's been a year since we are married and we have a baby girl just…
    I am hindu father. my wife want to claim one time alimoney or maintainace settlement…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly