Can someone nulify their void marriage after one year

Can someone cancell, nulify their void marriage after one year. If so every couple would give some excuses to court and use this method instead of mutual divorce.

Answers (2)

yes,certainly couple can nulyfy their void marriage.Void marriages are those marriages which are performed against the basic tenents of respective religion.e.g.if a Hindu contracts marriage when he or she already has a spouse living then such marriage is void marriage and can be nullified.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

dear client if u have strong reason that there was unavoidable circumstance so u cannot file for annulment within one year. but u both r ready for divorce the n go for mutual divorce. it is easiest way to get divorce. after filing mutual divorce u will get divorce in six months. for any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am 33 year old male. I got married in January 2008. We got separated after 6 months of marriage due to incompatibility. We went through marriage cou…

Read More

I am in relation with my boyfriend from last 11 years, and we did civil marriage in 2010 without informing my family, but after few years his family s…

Read More

I am Shia muslim from Western region in Mumbai. My wife is seeking a divorce in the form of Khula and this is of mutual consent. Is this form a better…

Read More

After the marriage, what is the minimum period required for the married couple to file a Mutual Consent petition for Divorce in Courts. Is there a any…

Read More