quesCan signed letter from in laws help if in future wife file false case?

Does a recorded conversation / written acknowledgement by me wife and her family that she is leaving on her own accord help in case they later file a false case against us? Our marriage is only 2.5 months old and we have been fighting since the start of our marriage. My wife's family is at our home and she wants to go with them and wants a Divorce.


I am afraid that my wife and her family might take some action and might put false complaints against me and my family. What can we do to safeguard ourselves.


Also can I ask her family to sign a statement that they are taking her on their will and will not take any action against us. Will it benefit us if tomorrow they put false allegations against us?


  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans


      As we can see, in our opinion you should firstly safeguard yourself, your parents and your relatives and collect evidence. This basically involves recording your conversations with your wife and her parents. Just be polite and record all your conversations. This is essential as these recordings will help you prove the complaints she files against you as false and baseless.


      Try and record the threatening conversations wherein she is threatening you to file false complaints etc. 


      Apart from this, intimate the Police about the facts of your case. You should intimate the nearest Police Station about the facts of your case in writing stating that your wife and her parents may file such false case against you and your family. And if she is threatening you with false complaints then you can even write a complaint to your nearest police station, detailing about blackmailing, her false allegations and her unscrupulous behavior. And request in your complaint to make her stop the threats and abuses immediately. 


      Yes, you can get the statement signed but do get it signed in the presence of 2 neutral witnesses or else the same can be said to be manipulated and can be contended in the Court of law to be signed under coercion.


      And with respect to divorce, the petition for the same cannot be filed before the end of 1 year of marriage.


    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I am XYZ  28years now, we got married before 7years n had a boy aged…
    Our religion is Hindu. My wife left home 50 days ago. Her sister's husband threatened…

    wife was doing a good private job at her parents city & pursuing her post…

    Hi my Bst fiend have in big trouble please let me what we do for…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly