Can my wife claim for maintenance after seperation

I am a one year married with a 5 months baby man, My wife is about to go to home as she says feels uncomfortable with me now. I dont want her back if she goes this time because this going to happen 2nd time. We are continuously fighting for silly reasons and we are not real happy together. My question is, what may she demand in case she wanted to get separated ? and how I should deal with this situation ?

Answers (2)

80 votes

Ur information is incomplete. Is ur wife ready to go with ur baby ? . What is real problem ? Quick Divorce is not the solution on it. You will have to give maintenance amount to her and your baby. However, the Court will not give divorce unless the reasons are satisfactory such as cruelty, desertion etc which will have to be proved . Try to control and see if settlement is possible.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

160 votes

Dear client if she get separated then she can file monthly maintenance case. She can also file domestic violence case for mental harassment. She can also file dowry harassment complaint under sec 498 a. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles