Can it harm my case if i am in live in relation during divorce case?

Can I have a live in relation with someone once I file a Divorce case? It has been 24 years of my marriage, but from the last 15 years I am going through a very bad phase. My relation with my wife is not good at all.

What can be the harm of being in a live in relation once my Divorce proceeding starts?

Please advice.

Answer

Initiating a live-in relationship while being in a subsisting marriage can be disastrous. No lawyer will recommend you to enter into a live-in relationship as not only a series of civil cases can be instituted against you, the other parties can also initiate criminal action against you.

Please note that such action is fraught with serious risks and can never be recommended. It runs serious risk of complicating and / or delaying your Divorce proceedings.

We sincerely suggest that you may consider any option such as living in / re-marriage only once you are awarded the Divorce decree.