Can i take divorce in 15 days of marriage?

I want to take divorce after 15 days of marriage. I am a Hindu. Kindly help.

Answer

An application under Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act is to be filed showing the extraordinary circumstances seeking waiver of one year time period from the marriage as per the law.

Even in grant of decree of divorce by mutual consent, there has to be a time period of six months between the first motion and the second motion petition, which can only be condoned by the Hon'ble Supreme Court on rare grounds.

The best way for filing a divorce is by the way of mutual consent. Alternately you can file a case by filing a petition on either of the various grounds under the Marriage Law.

Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:

Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.