can i take Divorce from my wife before completion of 1year of marriage

I got married in June 2015. i was forced to marry i girl without seeing her. i refused to marry but my family forced me to marry her on the verge of killing me if i dont marry her. i had to marry her. we had sex as well. but now i dont like her. i want to Divorce her. as she is a characterless lady and has admitted as well. i have been beaten by Police as well. my parents are not supporting me. In this case what should i do?

Answers (1)

314 votes

no, divorce is barred by law within one year of marriage. but with the permission u may file, but which is generally not granted

u can file for the nullity of marriage within first year of marriage but for that you have provide me correct facts after meeting me

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles