quesCan i stay with husband if divorce case is pending?

If my husband files divorce case against me I want to go his home can I go his home case is going on?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      If you want to stay in the same house, then we suggest you should file an application under Section 19 of Domestic Violence Act thereby seeking right to residence by the Court.

      Further you can stay in the same house however you cannot cohabit together . There various judgement where Courts have held that during the divorce proceeding wife can stay at husbands house.


    • ansThank you for your query
      If your husband files a divorce case against you
      You have to stay at some other place either your parental house or file for maintenance and thereafter shift to an accomodation
      It is not at all advisable to go to his home and stay with him when divorce case is pending
      Rest course of action can be understood in a better way on meeting in person

      Advocate Amitesh Singh Bakshi

        Delhi High Court, Delhi

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Pls let me know if i am entotled to share in the property wherein property…
    Sister got married one year back. now sister wants divorce from her husband but the…

    Mine was a love marriage, married on 27th April 2011. But we disclosed it 2…

    My in-laws entered my home last night and abused me and my family both verbally and…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly