Can I remarry while a case regarding my divorce is going on

whether a person get married pending cases in court also get married another women?sir court means long adjournments and long period of justice means in these the public is not having passions after conjugal rights allowed the respondent not taking to conjugal society to the petitioner again the petioner filed EP against the respondent for attatchment against movable property of the Husband 10 years completed our religion is hindu we are fighting since long time but the justice is late what to do whether after geting divorse the demostric violence act is maintainable any citations are there against demostric violence act after geting agreement of divorse

Answers (3)

225 votes

You say your wife had filed s petition for conjugal rights. After getting the decree in her favor she had filed an EP for enforcement of the decree against you for not joining her society. You can now file a divorce. The marriage can only dissolved by a decree of the Court. You cannot marry during pendency of the case. Since you both are living separately then there is question of Domestic Violence unless you are abusing her economically by not paying any maintenance to her. After divorce there won't be a Domestic violence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

Court procedure is late and delay. It is guided by procedural law. But it acts firmly. There is a mechanism to expedite the matter by moving upper courts like High Court and other upper courts to proceed the matter expeditiously. But you must search the ways to move the matter expeditiously. It is incorrect to marry while divorce matter is pending. Law will not allow to remarry while a case regarding divorce is going on.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
182 votes


You cannot marry again till the disposal of your divorce case. Family courts are budened with huge no of cases due to which delay is bound to happen. So wait for your divorce case to be disposed off. No after divorce no domestic voilence case is maintenable. For citations and further discussion on this, contact any local lawyer. Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles