Can i get divorce if marriage was agreed and accepted by elders?

I love someone and we are in a relation since the last 5 years. Some time ago my grand mother fixed my marriage to another girl. My gtandma is a heart patient and I told her that I love someone else and please do not accept this marriage proposal but she accepted the proposal and now I got married to that other girl.


But I cannot imagine my life without my lover and I want to divorce my wife. Please suggest.




If we take that you have married that girl and you want to divorce that girl we would like to suggest you that try to reconcile with this girl to whom you have married. A married relationship is not between two individuals but is between two families.


If again, you persist to divorce from your wife then you can file a case for divorce after one year of your marriage.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am 34 and we found a bride through marriage agent who lives within 16 k.m from my house. Two months back we decided to get married on march 22 '14'.…

Read More

My wife file divorce case 13 HMA.I also agree to give divorce her.Both pition were filed.but court send this case to mediation. I want to know how lon…

Read More

My wife is not staying with me and her family is forcing me for divorce because they arranged marriage for her right after divorce with a person livin…

Read More


Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue