×

quesCan i also file for divorce if husband already filed a divorce case?

I have been married for 6 years, and all this while a lot of incidences of physical violence have happened. He has not let me in his house for last 1 and a half years and now he has filed a divorce case.

I haven't taken any action against him since we were not in India and a divorce case there would have costed him his job. Now can I file a divorce case after a divorce petition is filed from his side? I have some mails written to him over a period of time that proves harrassment.

Yes, there is nothing preventing you from filing a domestic violence case in India now, even after he has filed a divorce case against you.

You can claim maintenance, right of residence, protection from domestic violence, both physically as well as mentally, in such a petition.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services