quesCan divorce petition be changed to mutual divorce after case is filed?

Is it possible to change my divorce petition and file for mutual divorce instead?

As I have asked there is a period of 6 months in mutual divorce before it is finalized.

Can we waive that period somehow, if both parties don’t wish for 6 months period for finalizing divorce?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Before providing you with any legally advising we would like to know, 

      What is the stage of your pending divorce petition?

      Now regarding your queries:

      1.    The existing divorce petition can be converted to divorce by mutual consent. For doing that the consent terms have to be filed in family court.

      2.    There is no provision in law which allows the exemption from the period of 6 months for finalizing your divorce. Only the Hon’ble Supreme Court can allow that exemption under certain circumstances.


    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I got married 7 months before. He written on bio data that he is a…
    I'm married last year(April 3rd'2015) and applied for divorce on May 9th'2016. Now we're in…

    can a women awarded civil maintenance when she is getting fair and reasonable maintenance u/s125…

    Sir I have been married last December with mine and husband wish in a temple.so…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly