×

quesBrother in Dubai. Does he need to come to India for mutual divorce?

My brother lives in Dubai. He has been married for 10 years, and now the marriage has turned bitter and he wants a Divorce. He is unable to travel to India because of legal and business problems. His marriage was solemnized in India. How can he get a Divorce?

If Ex party is awarded can the wife claim maintenance later or can he sign an agreement for one time settlement? For Divorce by mutual consent will he have to come to India?

Firstly, we would like to know that is your brother's wife living in India?

If yes, your brother can get a Divorce while sitting in Dubai through Skype. If his wife gets an ex-parte Divorce, his wife is entitled to maintenance and alimony.

The other option is that your brother can settle all the issues with his wife through a Power Of Attorney and can enter into a MOU / Settlement deed whereby he can settle all the issues with his wife once and for all and she cannot have any claims thereafter.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services