quesBreach of promise to marry

am a 27 years old , i had been sexually involved with a girl of my class in college at that time she said no need to marry it is a living in type of relation ship but as my college is over she started black mailing me to marry her or she will commit suicide, so i had to continue the relation ship for 3 yrs , but in feb 2013 she called me and my family to her house to talk about further plan of action but wen we reached her home she made all arrangements for engagement there was no other option i had to do the formalities , after one month i said strongly that i wil not marry her so now she started blackmailing me to sue me and my family ..in between i loved a girl and married her in december 2013 ..now that girl is showing me torture and blackmailng me that she will file a case against me ,my wife and my family members as well..plz suggest me to get out of this situation as i feel like commiting sucide coz of the torture she is giving me since 5 years.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYour sexual pleasure can land you in jail if that girl start a case u/s 376 IPC, which attract imprisonment not less than 7 years but up to 10 years.So settle that matter with that girl as she was your friend, amicably.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Dear sir am married two years back and we dont have child. my wife was…
    We filed MCD in November, 2015 after 6 months the Judge was transferred and there…
    My Sister-in-law's husband left her and 2 kids(12 years girl+10 years son) 2 years back.He…
    My husband has illicit relationship and when i tell him to leave that woman he…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly