quesBreach of pre-marriage promise

My wife is refusing to fulfill her pre marriage promise to deliver a baby with a borrowed egg. I got married in January 2014. Before marriage my wife told me that she has a disease and she will not be able to reproduce a baby. I wrote an e-mail to her and made it clear that as the disease is a genetic disease so she would deliver our child with egg borrowed from some other healthy lady. She gave me an affirmative answer.

She told me that she will do whatever is beneficial for the child and we got married then. But now she is creating problems and is breaching her pre marriage promise. Now she wants to have a child with her own egg but she has a genetic disease. We are living separately from April 2014. Can I file a divorce case on the basis of genetic disease / inability to produce a healthy baby. Can i get compensation for breaching the pre marriage promise?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYou can file for a divorce only after expiry of one year from date of marriage. Only in exceptional circumstances can you file for a divorce earlier. You were fully aware that your wife was suffering from a genetic disease prior to your marriage. You had an option not to marry her yet you went ahead. You can't file for a divorce on grounds that she is suffering from a genetic disease.

      Further, you were aware that your wife had only 10% chance of delivering healthy baby. Merely because your wife is unable to give you a child, this is not a ground for divorce. Your chances of getting compensation are really bleak.

      We suggest you speak with your wife and persuade her not to bear child from her egg, showing her the ill effects of the disease.

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Husband is not in contact since 2 and half years.......and sent three divorce through email......muslim…
    I signed divorce paper and send to wife address..by registred post but she is refused…
    Brother's wife had filed 498A, DV and related cases against brother and family including me.…
    I am receiving calls from person claiming he married my wife few years back. When…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    View all >>