are duplicate marriage certificates available ?

Where are marriage records/certificate details kept, means how many copies of marriage certificate are made. Does marriage officer and local municipal office has a copy of certificate? how much fees is charged for mutual consent divorce case?

Answers (1)

495 votes
The Registrar of marriage office, the place where you have registered your Marriage, either after getting married through a religious ceremony or directly applied for registration under specific Marriages act, if not it was one comes under foreign marriage act.

Go to the Office of Registrar of Marriages where you registered our marriage(if you have registered)apply for a copy of it in a prescribed form. In mutual consent divorce the fee is different from lawyer to lawyer. In MCD you can select some one a junior as well.

To file a Mutual consent divorce you do not need a marriage certificate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles