Applied for mutual divorce. After 6 months still delayed. What to do?

we have filed a mutual divorce case of son . period of 6 month has been expired. but the advocate is still taking the date. case was filed by the she side by mutual consent and the advocate was hired by the she side and we have paid the fees. case was filed at jabalpur residence of she side. they are linger on the case by taking dates. every thing was returned before filing the case to the she side. what we should do. we are outsider. what we should do . post the reply at my e-mail.


Divorce by mutual consent is easiest and fastest remedy avalaible to couple . In certain circumstances courts even do away from the requirement of 6 months period . It will end the mutual misery rather than let it continue. You must talk to your advocate and if still hes not presenting petition for mutual divorce you can complaint againt him regarding his ingenuity and unprofessional behavior . You can give a letter in writing (complaint) to the head of the bar counsel in your area, and then they will take it for enquiry or you can hire a more efficient advocate who will expedite the matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi , I wanted to know how Long - time period , does it take to get the mutual consent divorce. My present status is as follows , - Married for 4.5 yea…

Read More

HINDUS Filed mutual consent of divorce in a family court. In the agreement property can be settle in a time limit of one mother. Due to lack of times …

Read More

Hello Sir, I need your advice in 13B case which is in process at District Court. My wife & I have filed it on ground of comprise deed. First motio…

Read More

It is a HMA case. Mix of Family DV and 156/3 where a confusion has been created by the other party after the first motion. The other party wants secon…

Read More