Adoption of the son by step father

I have got divorce 15 years back and it was ex party. My husband does not pay us any maintenance. My son is now 14 years old and I have got remarried. We do not have any contact with my ex-husband for many years. My second husband want to legally adopt my son.

Please let me know the procedure and whether the consent of my ex-husband is necessary?

Answer

Adoption is not possible without the consent of biological father of your son. His consent is compulsory. If he consents then the adoption deed can be validly made and registered, under the court of law.