Will bank's e-statement be valid in eyes of law in a criminal case?

I would like to know that how can we prove that an Email is authenticated? If I am getting my bank statement as an e-statement, is it valid in the Court in the eyes of law? Will the Magistrate accept email as evidence or not in a Criminal Case (DV Act)?

Section 65 B was inserted in the Indian Evidence Act, 1872 by way of an Amendment by the IT Act of 2000. It lays down that all computer printouts are also documents and the court must admit them  in direct evidence without further proof. However, there are two conditions attached to it: 

1) that the computer must be used to store such matters and 

2) the user of the computer must be authorized to use and take out the prints. 

Now with respect to bank statements issued to the account holder or any other electronic communication at the end it is written that this is a computer generated copy and does not required authorized signature, however we would suggest that you should either get the stamp/seal of the bank on the e-statement or apply for copy of the statement from the concerned bank.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli