quesWhat to do to safeguard myself and my family from my wife's threats?

What should I do to safeguard myself and my family from my wife's threats? I have been married for a year. My wife is really immature and her family has a great influence on her. She’s telling me to separate out from my family and keeps blackmailing me emotionally. She has also taken back the car that her family had given as dowry which I had never even asked for.


She is not physically satisfied and is thus creating all these problems. The doctor told me that I am a little mentally stressed but will be fine soon. She says she will file a police complaint and will file a case against us.


  • ans


    As we can see, in our opinion you shall have to follow the following steps to properly safeguard yourself.


    Firstly, collect evidence of your innocence which involves recording your conversations with your wife. Just be polite and record all your conversations. This is essential as these recordings will help you prove the complaints she files against you as false and baseless. Try and record the threatening conversations wherein she is threatening you to file false complaints etc. 


    Basically try and collect evidence that she is blackmailing you and physically as well as mentally torturing you.


    Secondly, you should intimate the nearest Police Station about the facts of your case in writing stating that your wife and her parents may file such a false case against you and your family.


    You can even write a complaint to your nearest police station, detailing about blackmailing, her false allegations and her unscrupulous behavior. Also, request in your complaint to make her stop the threats and abuses immediately. 


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was not identified in jail and as well as in the repected court also…
My husband harassing me on silly reasons. Scolding and beating. I am carrying, but husband's…
I've given money to one of my family relative. when i ask to return my…

my girl friend filed case under 354 D, on 22/10/2013. that was disposed by the…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly