What to do if brother's wife accuse family of false dowry case?

My brothers wife is not staying with him since Aug 13 and she left our home as my parents due to health issues were not able to support her job decision and take care of her daughter who was 2.5 yr old that time. Now we got a letter from CAW cell branch to appear there.


The issue from our side is my brother was careless towards the relationship but her all responsibilities were taken care by my parents. What if the lady under her father influence put us in some false dowry case which is totally wrong? Please advise.




See if the wife is not happy in the relationship and has already been living separately since August 2013, then you should probably speak to her if she is willing to get a divorce and both your brother and his wife can file a petition for divorce by mutual consent. 


Prior to that you can enter into a settlement agreement on the distribution of assets, maintenance, alimony etc.


If she is not willing to go for a divorce, then firstly intimate the police by way of a written intimation that you suspect that she is going to file false case against you. Collect evidence to prove that no dowry was demanded and no incidence of domestic violence ever took place.


Thereafter, your brother can file a petition for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty under Section 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act. This can be easily proven by the fact that she left her matrimonial home leaving behind her daughter and old in-laws.



Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

A lady made a false complain against me u/s 107 of Cr.P.C. utilizing fake identity. Finally, the case dropped for non-establishment of the allegation …

Read More

A neighbour tried to encroach my plot by beating me in 01 Jul 14. I lodged FIR on 2 Jul 14, charge sheet framed by police. Opponents filed false case …

Read More

I am doing a business called QNET I.e. a direct sailing company , I involved one of my friend into it and started the business with 3lacs in which one…

Read More

Hi.. I am going through a criminal court trail, in which I am falsely implicated by RPF officials under section 143. They are not having any evidence …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue