What is procedure for quashing of FIR when compromise is done?

The said F.I.R. has been lodged by the husband of my sister under the order of Court passed against Application 156(3). The Police has filed the Chargsheet against eight our relatives against false grounds under the Political influence and with the power of the Money. The charge sheet is filed late and is Bar under Section 468 CR.P.C. The compromise on the date of alleged incident was also made.


But the Magistrate is not considering our Application under influence of the complainant side and is lingering the matter one date to another. We want to quash the said F.I.R. now.




As the FIR was registered on the orders of the court so the police cannot refuse to register an FIR. They are duty bound to register it. After registering an FIR the police submits the police report in the court that is called a charge sheet under Sec 173(2) of CRPC.


There is no bar under Section 468 of CRPC for filing a charge sheet. If the charge sheet is not filed within the stipulated time then the accused gets a bail on technical grounds. Moreover, if the court thinks fit, they can take cognizance if it is time barred under section 473 of CRPC.


Quashing of the FIR can only be done in the High Court. In the Magistrate Court, the police can file a closure report if they have not found any incriminating material against the accused.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.



Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I m a govt doctor..i have lodged f.i.r against two people in 323, 353 ipc..they lodged cross fir in 323 ipc against me..how can we compromise now?…

Read More

Hello please help...we are 3 directors of a company ...one director did fraud with clients...fir lodged against us..we have depostied 8 lac in session…

Read More

Hello, I am a recent b.tech graduate. I went from my home for one and a half months. In between I didn't contacted to my parents. So being unsure …

Read More

I left my home 3 years back and that time my parents filed missing case. Now am in touch with my parents but sub inspector has asked us to come to Hyd…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue