Someone forged my signatures how to file a case

16-Feb-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Someone did a fake sign of me as a guarantor and provided fake documents of me and now it affects my cibil score as loan is overdue now. What can I do next? Should I take legal action or talk to bank. What should be my first step.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
649 votes
Hi, first you go and lodge a complaint with your jurisdictional police station along with necessary documents, & ask them to register an FIR under sec 465, 468, 471 of IPC. Then take it forward to the Bank and inform. Feel free to contact me for further assistance. Looking forward to serve you better.
Thank you

Answer #2
596 votes
Hi, There are multiple issues may arise here. you may worry only on your cibil score but In case, loan is not paid back then your assets could be taken over by the bank. it would affect your family from taking loan from any bank anywhere.You need to file FIR against the person whom you think forged your signature and intimate the bank legally to remove your entry as guarantor. Once bank approve this, bank may automatically remove your entry on cibil. you may talk to a lawyer who looks into Criminal/Banking domain.
Answer #3
615 votes
Dear sir/ Madam,
As per your query your someone did fake signature of yours and also submitted creates documents as a guarantor , for that you can file private complain before court for forgery,cheating. And also you can give a representation with true facts.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."