Senior Citizen Received Witness Summons

My father aged 70 years received a summons notice as a CW ( witness) yesterday. It's related to a robbery that took place 2 years ago on a construction site behind our house. So my father happened to see the thief entering our neighbor house. When he was caught the police came for enquiry and enquired few neighbors including my father. So they took the statement of everyone. Yesterday my dad received a summons (CW5) to come and attend the hearing at the civil court in ban galore to provide witness My question is - Can my father refuse to attend the hearing based on his age and health condition considering that he has co-morbidities and has high risk to get covid infection ? What are the other alternatives for us ?

Answers (1)

228 votes

yes you can give the specified reasons what you have mentioned or else your dad can attend when ever he wants to or else if he is not interested he can refuse to turn up to the court no issues and If he wants time you can ask the police to provide some more time they will provide

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles