quesSecond marriage with a daughter

My father got married 2 years ago with a girl. She has a child from previous husband. We are six member in our family. Is it possible to get married if the first wife is alive? Does that marriage has legal rights?

  • ansNeither the girl to whom your father married nor her child have any legal rights in property of your father since second marriage when first wife is alive is void in law. The girl to whom your father married have some rights to claim maintenance from your father under DV Act if she has been living with your father.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

part 1 Dear Sir, Madam case as follows at 2208 i was working at jewelry…
There was some money in my account. Online fraud happened with me and someone took…
Can anyone file a case of cheque bounce after 2 year of the cheque issued…
Im from Jaipur Rajasthan and my wife is from Aligarh up.498 a case is filed…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly