×

quesSecond marriage with a daughter

My father got married 2 years ago with a girl. She has a child from previous husband. We are six member in our family. Is it possible to get married if the first wife is alive? Does that marriage has legal rights?

• ansNeither the girl to whom your father married nor her child have any legal rights in property of your father since second marriage when first wife is alive is void in law. The girl to whom your father married have some rights to claim maintenance from your father under DV Act if she has been living with your father.