Received an 160/91 crpc notice from PS badarpur

26-Sep-2023 (In Criminal Law)
My brother has received an 160/91 crpc notice from PS Badarpur, Delhi to join an investigation and submit relevant documents with respect to a case registered against one of his acquaintances back in 2015. My brother is not aware of the case and has hardly in touch with that person from many years. He met the accused person just a few times during his stay in Delhi in 2012-2013. After since there is no such communication. We are not sure how and why my brother received that notice? And what is exactly 160/91?. My brother is now in native and not in position to appear in such short notice considering my mother's health. Please suggest the best way. Thanks!nRegards,nAbhinandan
Answers (2)

Answer #1
860 votes
basically the police officer has summoned your brother to question him in a matter being investigated by the police officer.
it is compulsory for your brother to meet this police officer at the designated time and place failing which the police officer may even issue an arrest warrant.
should you have any questions feel free to contact me
People also ask

What is the difference between 91 CrPC and 92 CrPC?

Section 92 Section 92 explains how to get documents that are in custody of a postal authority or telegram.

What if Section 91 of CrPC is not complied?

The person who fails to comply with a summons, without a reasonable excuse, will be subject to the penal consequences envisaged in section 349 of this Code. An intentional failure to produce the document required by the section will also be punished under section 175 (1860) of the India Penal Code. 7 Jan 2018

What is Section 91 CrPC notices?

It is important to note that section 91(1) of CrPC gives the Court, or the officer in charge, the power to order the production of documents or other things for investigation, inquiry or trial purposes.

What is the use of Section 91 CrPC in negotiable instruments?

The section 91 of the Negotiable Instruments Act (NI) deals with the dishonoring of a bill due to non-acceptance.

Answer #2
644 votes
Hi Abhinandan,

160/91 Crpc is the police officers (IO's) power to summon a witness if he thinks that the witness would have certain information that would help with the case.

In such cases, the IO needs a statement from the witness defining his involvement or non-involvement which can be drafted and submitted properly.

The IO can be handled with the help of the lawyer.

For other details & one on one conversation you can contact us.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."